Phoenix is a city with plenty to offer residents and visitors alike. From outdoor adventures to cultural attractions, there’s something for everyone in this Arizona metropolis. Here are 25 great things to do in Phoenix today!
The Top 10
1. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. Located in Papago Park, this 140-acre desert oasis is home to more than 50,000 plants. Wander among cacti, agave, and wildflowers as you explore the various gardens and trails.
2. Hike up Camelback Mountain. This iconic Phoenix landmark offers two challenging trails to the summit. Enjoy panoramic views of the city from the top!
3. Take a scenic drive through South Mountain Park. At 16,000 acres, South Mountain Park is one of the largest municipal parks in the country. Drive to the top of Dobbins Lookout for incredible views of downtown Phoenix.
4. Watch the sunset at Papago Park. This desert park is a great place to watch the sun set over the city. Head to Hunt’s Tomb for the best views!
5. Visit the Phoenix Zoo. Home to more than 1,400 animals, the Phoenix Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the country. Don’t miss the chance to feed the giraffes!
6. Shop at the Grand Canyon Visitor Center. Located just outside of Phoenix, this world-famous landmark is home to a variety of shops and restaurants. Be sure to pick up some souvenirs before you leave!
7. Take a hot air balloon ride. There’s no better way to see the city than from above! Soar over Phoenix as you take in the breathtaking views.
8. Go on a jeep tour. Explore the desert terrain surrounding Phoenix on a jeep tour. You’ll get to see some amazing scenery and maybe even spot some wildlife!
9. Visit the Taliesin West estate. This former home of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright is now a museum and event venue. take a tour of the grounds and learn about Wright’s unique design philosophy.
10. Play golf at one of Phoenix’s many courses. With more than 200 courses to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect place to tee off in Phoenix.
11. See a show at Comerica Theatre. This intimate venue is home to a variety of musical acts and theatrical performances. Check the schedule to see who’s playing during your visit!
12. Go bowling at Lucky Strike. This trendy bowling alley features a full bar and menu, making it the perfect place to spend an evening with friends.
13. Catch a game at Chase Field. Home to the Arizona Diamondbacks, this baseball stadium is also host to a variety of other events throughout the year. Check the schedule to see what’s happening during your visit!
14. Shop at Biltmore Fashion Park. This upscale shopping center features a variety of high-end retailers, as well as restaurants and cafes. There’s something for everyone at Biltmore Fashion Park!
15. See a movie at FilmBar. This independently-owned movie theater shows a mix of new releases and classic films. Grab a bite to eat before the show at one of the many nearby restaurants.
16. Go stargazing at Camelback Overlook. This popular spot for stargazing offers incredible views of the city skyline. Be sure to bring a blanket and some snacks to enjoy while you’re there!
17. Attend a concert at Ak-Chin Pavilion. This outdoor concert venue is host to a variety of musical acts throughout the year. Check the schedule to see who’s playing during your visit!
18. Explore the Pueblo Grande Museum & Archaeological Park. This park is home to a variety of ancient ruins, as well as a museum with exhibits on the history and culture of the area.
19. Visit the Musical Instrument Museum. This one-of-a-kind museum features more than 6,000 musical instruments from around the world. You can even try out some of the instruments in the hands-on galleries!
20. Take a hike through the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. This preserve is home to a variety of hiking trails, as well as stunning views of the city. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the beauty of this desert oasis!
21. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. This garden is home to more than 50,000 plants, as well as a variety of animal species. Wander among the cacti and agave as you explore the different gardens and trails.
22. Go for a swim at one of Phoenix’s many pools. With more than 30 public pools to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect place to take a dip. Most of the pools are open year-round, so you can enjoy them no matter when you visit!
23. See a show at the Orpheum Theatre. This historic theatre is home to a variety of musical and theatrical performances. Check the schedule to see what’s playing during your visit!
24. Shop at the Roosevelt Row Arts District. This vibrant district is home to a variety of art galleries, shops, and restaurants. There’s something for everyone in the Roosevelt Row Arts District!
25. Explore Phoenix’s many museums. From history to art, there’s a museum for everyone in Phoenix. Check out our list of the best museums in Phoenix to find the perfect one for you!